Wednesday, March 31, 2010

50 dollars worth of snack food!

        I have decided that I am just too tired to do a real blog tonight. I don't want to do it half heartedly, like how I feel my souffle blog went. Didn't get home until almost 8:30pm because I popped by to see Ryan on his dinner break after I finished at the gym. So we sat in my car, me watching (and smelling) him eat the pasta which I had cooked on Monday night. (I recreated the dish we cooked on Saturday night adding a few extra things, I admit Ryan seemed to have done a better job than me).
        Anyway, what is the title all about? At about 2pm I received an email from one of my managers (I support several managers in different departments). "Can you go and do some shopping please?" was the title of this email - I was intrigued! The email contained a shopping list consisting of:
  • Tim tams
  • Vegemite
  • Caramello Koalas
  • Freddo Frogs
        Why such a shopping list you ask? We had one of the regional heads visiting our office this week, from the UK to be exact and my manager wanted to give him a bit of a gift pack with some Aussie things (snacks) for him to take away/home, none of the made in china koalas and kangaroos and that kind of tacky stuff (which we gave out to some Japanese visitors who came). So off I went down to Macquarie Centre with my corporate credit card in hand. By the time I had filled my shopping basket and checked out the bill came to about $50. I did also have to grab some chocolates for one of the monthly team meetings happening after easter. Still, that's a lot of junk food to carry back to the office. I caused quite a comotion coming back into the office as I was like a pack horse carrying all these plastic shopping bags.

        This is what I came back with. I had to google Australian brands because quite frankly I was a little confused as to what the true blue Aussie brands/products were. We import/export so much stuff these days. For the gift box I had a packet of Parker's Pretzel's (not genuine Aussie product but an Aussie brand), a packet of treat sized Caramello Koalas, a packet of treat sized Freddo Frogs (the one with the mixed flavours), a box of Paton's chocolate coated Macadamia nuts (my fave!), a packet each of regular and white chocolate Tim Tams, a packet of Nobby's mixed nuts, a jar of Vegemite and also a jar of Cheesybite. I am sure thee could have been alot more I could have shoved in that box but I didn't want to waste too much time/thought into it. I also bought 2 boxes of Ferrero Rochers and 2 packets of the mixed Freddo Frogs for the meeting. I couldn't help but stop by Darrel Lea in centre court to grab a bag (1kg!) of solid eggs. I have been craving easter eggs (I swear they taste different to regular chocolate! Even one of the managers agrees with me!) I think they might be injected with easter egg essence or something =D.

3 comments:

  1. nah theyre injected with happiness hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done many a similar dash Angie! I usually buy Darrel Lea licorice too as it comes in those nice flavours. I love the Patons macs too as they have that nice layer of toffee to them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suze: Is that why they taste so good? =D I swear I just had a few and was just walking my merry way down the corridor when someone in the office accused me of laughing at her, it must have just been that big silly grin on my face as I walked past =D

    Lorraine: I'm not a huge fan of licorice but yes those different flavours that Darrell Lea does are quite yummy. The tofee choc Patons macs are the bomb! I don't think these ones had the toffee though, I think the toffee ones are in the white/gold box.

    ReplyDelete