Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mini pancakes with grilled banana, chocolate and cookies and cream ice cream (Feb '08)

        This is one of the first facebook photos which I started posting up of food. Excuse the poor presentation. I still remember this night, February 2008, I actually was feeling like waffles and asked Ryan to buy some from Woolies for when I was coming over. Ryan couldn't seem to find any waffles and this is what he came home with. We grilled the pikelets and the bananas which we sprinkled with a bit of brown sugar to caramelise them. Simple decadent smooth melted chocolate. And you can't go wrong with a tub of cookies and cream ice cream (until you taste home made stuff!). So this was our dessert that night. It turned out quiet well for something simple and hassle free (and store bought). I don't remember being much of a cook before this, I enjoyed baking and remember making a fair few batches of profiteroles and occasional cookies. I think Ryan and I only really got into the cooking at around this time. We make such a great team and just bounce off each other when we cook and I've turned him into quiet a bit of a cook now, when he gets a chance to cook that is, such a busy boy he is.

Smooth velvety chocolate mmmm.

3 comments:

  1. Ha I love that most people who start food blogs were already taking photos of their food anyway. Toasting bought pikelets is a favourite trick of mine too but I love that you've added caramelised bananas, melted chocolate and ice cream for a platter of deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that some of the best recipes are spur of the moment or last minute ones where you just use what you've got! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, things you "throw together" seem to always turn out the best (most of the time) and second attempts to recreate sometimes don't turn out as good.

    ReplyDelete